How to: Set the Ava Cameras System settings locally
Last modified: Friday July 24, 2020.
Use the in-built software to change the name and password used to log into your Ava Camera.
Also use this page to replace the current version of firmware installed on the Ava Camera with another version, or carry out a factory reset on the Ava Camera.
Ensure you have connected and logged in to the relevant Ava Camera. See How to: Log in to the Ava Cameras software.
- Select System from the menu.
- To change the
Passwordused to log in to the camera, click Change password. Enter the current password, and then define the new password. Repeat the new password, then click Reset.Tip
The password must contain a minimum of 8-characters, and cannot be commonly-used passwords such as "password", "12345678" , or strings of repeating characters.
- If newer firmware than currently installed is available, click
Update, then click Updatein the Update firmwaredialog.
- If told to do so by the Ava technical support team, click
Replace with another version, and then browse to the provided firmware update file. Click Upgrade.
- If instructed to do so by the Ava technical support team, carry out a factory reset on the Ava Camera by clicking
This option resets the Ava Camera, and all your settings will be returned to the factory defaults. Your current camera configuration can not be recovered after the reset.Tip
You can also carry out a hardware factory reset on your Ava Camera. See How to: Reset your Ava Cameras using the hardware reset button.
- If instructed to do so by the Ava technical support team,
Rebootthe Ava Camera.