How to: Set the Avigilon Ava cameras System settings locally
Last modified: Friday July 24, 2020.
Use the in-built software to change the name and password used to log into your Avigilon Ava camera.
Also use this page to replace the current version of firmware installed on the Avigilon Ava camera with another version, or carry out a factory reset on the Avigilon Ava camera.
Ensure you have connected and logged in to the relevant Avigilon Ava camera. See How to: Log in to the Avigilon Ava cameras software.
- Select System from the menu.
- To change the
Passwordused to log in to the camera, click Change password. Enter the current password, and then define the new password. Repeat the new password, then click Reset.
The password must contain a minimum of 8-characters, and cannot be commonly-used passwords such as "password", "12345678" , or strings of repeating characters.
- If newer firmware than currently installed is available, click
Update, then click Updatein the Update firmwaredialog.
- If told to do so by the Avigilon Alta technical support team, click
Replace with another version, and then browse to the provided firmware update file. Click Upgrade.
- If instructed to do so by the Avigilon Alta technical support team, carry out a factory reset on the Avigilon Ava camera by clicking
Risk of loss of data!
This option resets the Avigilon Ava camera, and all your settings will be returned to the factory defaults. Your current camera configuration can not be recovered after the reset.
You can also carry out a hardware factory reset on your Avigilon Ava camera. See How to: Reset your Ava cameras using the hardware reset button.
- If instructed to do so by the Avigilon Alta technical support team,
Rebootthe Avigilon Ava camera.