How to: Install your A500, A750, or A1000 hardware
Last modified: Wednesday November 30, 2022.
To enable you to use your existing third-party cameras with Alta Aware Cloud, install your Alta Cloud Connector 500, Alta Cloud Connector 750, or Alta Cloud Connector 1000 hardware into your network.
The Alta Cloud Connector 500, Alta Cloud Connector 750, and Alta Cloud Connector 1000 servers are supplied in a workstation form-factor, so do not require rack-mounting. The servers can be installed vertically or laid on their side, as best suits your environment.
If required, the Alta Cloud Connector 1000 servers can be fitted with a optional rack-mount kit. Speak to your Avigilon Alta sales partner for more information.
The Alta Cloud Connector 500, Alta Cloud Connector 750, and Alta Cloud Connector 1000 servers are fitted with case alarms.
If the case is opened while the server is running, an audible alarm sounds, and the server shuts down. This could cause a loss of data.
On replacing the case, the server restarts and runs diagnostics before running the Avigilon Alta software.
Do not open the server case unless advised to do so by your Avigilon Alta technical support representative. Opening the case without prior authorization could invalidate your warranty.
Task — Physical installation
- Unpack your Cloud Connector and its ancillary parts.
As the Alta Cloud Connectors are designed to be network-detectable and managed using the web interface, a keyboard and monitor are not required when setting up or using the server.
- Locate the suitable power cable for your region, and connect your Alta Cloud Connectors to your electrical supply.
Do not switch on the power yet.
- Connect a network cable (not provided) to one of the Alta Cloud Connector network interfaces and to your network switch.
- Switch on the power, and allow the Alta Cloud Connector to complete its boot sequence.
- From a Windows machine connected to the same network as your Alta Cloud Connector, browse to the address on the server label using Chrome or Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based).
The server address is in the format: ava-<serial>.local. This information is included in the Alta Cloud Connector packaging.
- Claim your Cloud Connector from your Alta Aware Cloud deployment. See How to: Claim your Alta Cloud ConnectorAva Appliance.