Ava-507: External sharing links can lead to access to live video through thumbnail and timeline abuse
7th September 2021.
Under the right circumstances an attacker with access to an external video sharing link, can leak live video thumbnails through timeline and thumbnail API abuse.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions before 4.1.0.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 4.0.4.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 4.1.0.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 4.0.4.
- Ava cameras:
- All Stable upgrade channel all versions
- All Beta upgrade channel all versions
- Ava Cloud: all versions
This issue has been fixed in Ava Aware Beta upgrade channel version 4.0.4 and Stable upgrade channel version 4.1.0. It is strongly recommended that all installations running an affected version are upgraded to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface.
- CVE: pending
- CVSSv3 score: 5.7 Medium
- CVSSv3 vector: 3.1#CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
Temporarily revoke all externally shared video links.
There are no known workarounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 26/07/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 26/07/2021 Root cause established
- 17/07/2021 Fix identified
- 28/07/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 29/07/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 07/09/2021 Vulnerability publicly disclosed