Ava-464: Unauthenticated access to Camera metrics
14th July 2021.
An API endpoint of the Ava camera could be used to view some internal metrics of the camera without authentication.
- Ava cameras:
- All Stable upgrade Channel versions before 3.8.3.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 3.8.3.
- Ava Aware: all versions.
- Ava cameras:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 3.8.3.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 3.8.3.
- Ava Cloud: all versions.
This issue has been fixed in Ava camera Beta upgrade channel version 3.8.3 and Stable upgrade channel version 3.8.3. It is strongly recommended that all that all Ava camera installations running an affected version upgrade to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface for Ava managed cameras and the Ava camera User Interface for unmanaged Ava cameras.
- CVE: pending
- CVSSv3 score: 5.3 (Medium)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 23/06/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 23/06/2021 Root cause established
- 23/06/2021 Fix identified
- 28/06/2021 Patched Ava cameras (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 29/06/2021 Patched Ava cameras (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 29/06/2021 Preliminary vulnerability advisory published
- 14/07/2021 Vulnerability publicly disclosed