Ava-407: Aware not enforcing permissions on maps API
18th March 2021.
Any logged in Ava Aware user could read and modify maps without having the appropriate site permissions.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after 3.4.0 but before 3.5.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after 3.4.0 but before 3.5.4.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions before 3.4.0
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 3.5.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 3.4.0
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 3.5.4.
- Ava cameras: All versions.
- Ava Cloud: All versions.
This issue has been fixed in Ava Aware Beta upgrade channel version 3.5.4 and Stable upgrade channel version 3.5.4. It is strongly recommended that all installations running an affected version are upgraded to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface.
- CVE: Pending
- CVSSv3 score: 5.4 (Medium)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 10/03/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 10/03/2021 Root cause established
- 10/03/2021 Fix identified
- 15/03/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 18/03/2021 Patched Ava Aware (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 18/03/2021 Advisory published internally
- 18/03/2021 Vulnerability publicly disclosed