Ava-401: Specially crafted media streams can lead to DoS of Ava Aware
22nd February 2021.
Unsafe handling of RTP media streams can cause an out of memory crash loop in the RTP receiver and thus a DOS of the system.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions up to but not including 3.4.4
- All Beta upgrade channel versions up to but not including 3.4.4
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions from 3.4.4
- All Beta upgrade channel versions from 3.4.4
- Ava Cloud: All versions
- Ava cameras: All versions
This issue has been fixed in Beta upgrade channel version 3.4.4 and Stable upgrade channel version 3.4.4. We [strongly] recommend that all installations running an affected version upgrade to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface.
- CVE: pending
- CVSSv3 score: 5.9 (Medium)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known workarounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 15/02/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 16/02/2021 Root cause established
- 19/02/2021 Fix identified
- 22/02/2021 Patched Ava Aware 3.4.4 (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 22/02/2021 Patched Ava Aware 3.4.4 (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 22/02/2021 Advisory published internally
- 22/02/2021 Vulnerability publicly disclosed