Ava-636: Old credentials could still be used after being rotated on the Ava camera web UI
28th of July 2022.
The Ava camera web UI would accept old admin credentials even after they had been rotated.
- Ava cameras:
- All Stable upgrade Channel versions before 4.9.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 4.9.0.
- Ava Aware: all versions.
- Ava cameras:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 4.9.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 4.9.0.
- Ava Cloud: all versions.
This issue has been fixed in Ava camera Beta upgrade channel version 4.9.0 and Stable upgrade channel version 4.9.4. It is strongly recommended that all Ava camera installations running an affected version upgrade to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download through the Ava Aware User Interface for Ava managed cameras and the Ava camera User Interface for unmanaged Ava cameras.
- CVE: pending
- CVSSv3 score: 6.5 (medium)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:H
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 19/10/2021 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 29/04/2022 Root cause established
- 29/04/2022 Fix identified
- 09/05/2022 Patched Ava cameras (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 07/06/2022 Patched Ava cameras (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 28/07/2022 Vulnerability publicly disclosed