Ava-633: External viewer video wall stream remains accessible after view is unshared
28th of July 2022.
An external viewer video wall would remain accessible after the associated video wall was unshared from other users in Ava Aware. This could lead to a scenario where the list of external viewers would be unrepresentative for some users and a video stream remains unintionally shared.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions before 4.9.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions before 4.9.0.
- Ava Aware:
- All Stable upgrade channel versions after and including 4.9.4.
- All Beta upgrade channel versions after and including 4.9.0.
- Ava cameras: all versions.
- Ava Cloud: all versions.
This issue has been fixed in Ava Aware Beta upgrade channel version 4.9.0 and Stable upgrade channel version 4.9.4. It is strongly recommended that all installations running an affected version are upgraded to the latest release as soon as possible. Releases are available to download.
- CVE: pending
- CVSSv3 score: 6.5 (medium)
- CVSSv3 vector: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
There are no known mitigations for this issue.
There are no known work arounds for this issue.
Issue found internally by Ava Security.
- 29/04/2022 Issue found internally by Ava Security
- 09/05/2022 Root cause established
- 09/05/2022 Fix identified
- 09/05/2022 Patched Ava Aware (Beta upgrade channel) released
- 07/06/2022 Patched Ava Aware (Stable upgrade channel) released
- 28/07/2022 Vulnerability publicly disclosed